M. Obaid Uddin, Esq.
Mr. Uddin is an attorney with extensive experience in Immigration Law. He has experience preparing filings for submission in regards to Naturalization, Adjustment of Status, Hardship Waivers, NACARA, TPS, Employment Authorization, Prosecutorial Discretion, Motion to Reopen, Asylum, and Cancellation of Removal. He is very familiar with USCIS and Immigration Court procedures.
He attended Syracuse University College of Law where he was Managing Editor of the Journal of International Law & Commerce. He was also a recipient of the Law Ambassador Award and the Gavel Award for the Journal of International Law & Commerce. Mr. Uddin is fluent in Urdu and conversant in Hindi. Mr. Uddin strives to provide excellent and comprehensive service to his clients.
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, , 2010
Managing Editor, Journal of International Law & Commerce; Associate Editor, Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter; Law Ambassador Award; Mentorship Award; Journal of International Law & Commerce Gavel Award
B.A., George Mason University, 2006
Graduated magna cum laude; Gold Key Honor Society
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeNew York, 2012
Bar Admissions and Associations:
American Bar Association, Litigation Section
Member Since: 2011
Legal Specialties and Certifications
Judicial Intern , Third Judicial Circuit Court, Edwardsville, IL Summer 2009
- Researched and wrote memoranda of law regarding a variety of procedural and substantive issues including claims of negligence, medical malpractice, insurance and fraud.
- Briefed multiple issues for judge’s consideration
- Held conferences with judges to discuss materially relevant facts and dispositive legal theories presented by parties.
Student Attorney , Securities Arbitration and Consumer Law Clinic, Syracuse, NY
Syracuse University College of Law Jan. 2009 – Dec. 2009
- Represented disadvantaged clients in securities and consumer disputes against brokerage firms and recovered 75% of damages alleged in settlement negotiations with opposing counsel.
- Wrote, devised and researched case plans pertaining to legal actions and claims. Drafted legal memoranda alleging claims of negligent supervision, negligence/breach of fiduciary duty, and unsuitability.
- Researched arbitration process and arbitrators in dealing with FINRA and conducted pre-hearing conference.
Representing Corporate Clients
- TISTA Science and Technology Corporation
- EURASIA Foundation, Inc